English/Products/Smart Metering/SMARTY SCM
Secure Gateway for Smart Metering Applications
The SMARTY SCM controller from Sagemcom Dr. Neuhaus GmbH enables multi-line remote data reading from domestic supply meters. An SCM controller can work stand-alone, as PLC router or as PLC gateway: As a PLC gateway, it communicates with one or more central locations via GPRS or LAN. As a PLC router, it communicates with a PLC gateway via PLC.
Different meter protocols like DLMS/Cosem or wireless M-Bus are supported by the SCM and provide high flexibility for installations. Other technologies and interfaces, such as ZigBee, are available upon request.
The SMARTY SCM controller satisfied highest security requirements. It uses state-of-the-art technologies including a hardware security module (HSM) and cryptographic algorithms (e.g. end-to-end TLS). All access to the device is based on certificates.
The SMARTY SCM controller can be configured and administered locally or remotely. A local interface enables direct access to measurement values for end customer information.
The SCM controller meets all requirements of large-scale deployments. It is a future-proof communication module which complies with European Smart Metering standardization activities.
- SCM controller
- DSL modem or DSL router (for WAN
communication via DSL)
- GPRS module, Antenna and SIM
card (for WAN communication via
- WiFi module, Antenna (for WAN communication via WiFi)
- Reliable and flexible WAN communication (PLC, LAN, GPRS, WiFi)
- Highest security based on proven standards and cryptographic hardware (HSM)
- Flexible meter integration, supporting a range of wired and wireless meter inferfaces
- Compliant with European standardization for Smart Metering Gateways (M/441)
- Easy and automated installation, fully integrated into central processes.
- Minimizes time and risk for customer installations
- Modular architecture separating the gateway from meter and HAN
- Dynamic master-slave architecture; SCM can work stand-alone, as PLC router or as PLC gateway
- WAN communication - Built in via PLC or via Ethernet/LAN- Pluggable modules for GPRS- and WiFi communication
- Push- or Pull operation
- End-to-end TLS encryption (DES, Triple DES, AES algorithms)
- Tamper detection
- Wired meter communciation (wired M-Bus, RS485, Ethernet interfaces; DLMS/Cosem HLS)
- Wireless M-Bus meter interface (868 MHz, OMS)
- Remote firmware update
- Remote or local configuration and meter provisioning
- Switching output
- HAN connectivity
- Operating status signaled by LEDs
Contact to Sales
- Sagemcom Dr. Neuhaus GmbH
D-22453 Hamburg - Germany
- Phone: +49 (40) 55304 203
- Fax: +49 (40) 55304 180
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org